Grand Lady Cruises’ primary mission has always been to provide our guests with an enjoyable and safe experience on board with us. With these considerations in mind, we have established the following guidelines for our 2020 operations. These protocols will be constantly reevaluated as the season progresses and may be updated to adhere to state and local guidelines and best practices.
- Social distancing markers will be used to denote 6 feet of spacing in frequently congested areas such as the boarding area, in front of the bar, etc.
- No passengers will be allowed in the wheelhouse.
- Capacity for cruises will be limited to allow for social distancing. Exact capacity restrictions will depend on the type of cruise and food service, but at no point will guest count exceed 50% of licensed capacity.
- Seating arrangements have been redesigned to allow for more space between tables and help aid social distancing.
- Face coverings (masks or face shields) will be worn by crew members at all times while passengers are on board unless they are alone in an enclosed area such as the wheelhouse.
- As per NYS mandate, for the foreseeable future, passengers are required to wear masks while boarding, disembarking, and moving around the vessel.
- Customers may remove masks while seated, consuming food or drink, and maintaining social distance from other groups but masks should remain readily accessible.
- Masks must be worn while ordering drinks from the bar, picking up food from the galley, or using the restrooms.
- Passengers under 3 years old or those unable to medically tolerate a mask are exempt from this mandate.
- If passengers do not bring their own, masks are available for purchase. If a guest refuses to wear a mask, they will not be permitted to board and no refund will be given.
Hygiene and Cleaning:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to each guest while boarding and disembarking the vessel.
- Before and after each cruise, crew will disinfect all surfaces on board. A ULV fogger and FDA registered food-safe disinfectant will be used to sterilize all indoor areas of the vessel before locking up each night.
- During cruises, crew will frequently disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, door handles, restrooms, seating, and tables.
- Crew members will undergo mandatory health screening assessment, including temperature check, before beginning work each day.
- Passengers who may be sick are asked to stay home and contact us to reschedule the cruise.
Food and Beverage Service Protocols:
- Grand Lady Cruises will abide by the same health and safety protocols in effect for food service establishments. Shared food or beverages such as buffet-style meals will not be permitted.
- Disposable or single serve products will be used whenever possible to limit possible contamination points. All non-disposable service items (salt & pepper shakers, etc.) will be sanitized between each use.
- Passengers are asked to use credit or debit cards for on board purchases. Cash will be accepted only if absolutely necessary.
Even with all of our enhanced health and safety measures, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By cruising with Grand Lady Cruises, you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.