As the beginning of our 2021 season approaches, Grand Lady Cruises will continue to monitor and adhere to all appropriate state and local guidelines in our daily operation.
Grand Lady Cruises’ primary mission has always been to provide our guests with an enjoyable and safe experience on board with us. With these considerations in mind, we have established the following protocols for our operations. These protocols will be constantly reevaluated as time goes on to adhere to state and local guidelines and best practices.
Please be aware that Grand Lady Cruises is currently subject to operational restrictions beyond our control regarding capacity, mask usage, and other food and beverage service policies. We will do our best to be accommodating to guests’ requests but do not have much flexibility at the moment. We ask for everyone’s patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these challenging times together!
- Social distancing markers will be used to denote 6 feet of spacing in frequently congested areas such as the boarding area, in front of the bar, etc.
- No passengers will be allowed in the wheelhouse.
- Capacity for cruises will be limited to allow for social distancing. Exact capacity restrictions will depend on the type of cruise and food service, but at no point will guest count exceed 50% of licensed capacity.
- Seating arrangements have been redesigned to allow for more space between tables and help aid social distancing.
- Face coverings (masks or face shields) will be worn by crew members at all times while passengers are on board unless they are alone in an enclosed area such as the wheelhouse.
- As per NYS mandate, for the foreseeable future, passengers are required to wear masks whenever they are not seated.
- Customers may remove masks while seated, consuming food or drink, and maintaining social distance from other groups but masks should remain readily accessible.
- Masks must be worn while ordering drinks from the bar, moving between decks, or using the restrooms.
- Passengers under 3 years old or those unable to medically tolerate a mask are exempt from this mandate.
- If passengers do not bring their own, masks are available for purchase. If a guest refuses to wear a mask, they will not be permitted to board and no refund will be given.
- For private charter cruises, if mask use when appropriate is ignored or challenged, cruise will be terminated early with no refund in monies paid.
Hygiene and Cleaning:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to each guest while boarding and disembarking the vessel, as well as available throughout the cruise.
- Before and after each cruise, crew will disinfect all surfaces on board. A ULV fogger and FDA registered food-safe disinfectant will be used to sterilize all indoor areas of the vessel at the end of each day.
- During cruises, crew will frequently disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, door handles, restrooms, seating, and tables.
- Crew members will undergo mandatory health screening assessment, including temperature check, before beginning work each day.
- Passengers who may be sick are asked to stay home and contact us to reschedule the cruise.
Food and Beverage Service Protocols:
- Grand Lady Cruises will abide by the same health and safety protocols in effect for food service establishments. Shared food or beverages such as buffet-style meals will not be permitted for the foreseeable future.
- Disposable or single serve products will be used whenever possible to limit possible contamination points. All non-disposable service items (salt & pepper shakers, etc.) will be sanitized between each use.
- Passengers are asked to use credit or debit cards for on board purchases. Cash will be accepted only if absolutely necessary.
Even with all of our enhanced health and safety measures, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By cruising with Grand Lady Cruises, you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.